Associated Insurance Brokers (Cape) 2006 (Pty) Ltd
The Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act requires us to inform our clients how we use and disclose personal information we obtain from our clients.
We are committed to protecting our clients privacy and will ensure that the personal information is used appropriately, transparently and according to applicable law.
What information we collect:
We collect and process our clients personal information essentially to provide them with access to the services and products of the providers with whom we have contractual agreements in place and to administer the short term portfolio under our control,
The type of information we collect will depend on the need for which it is collected and will be
processed for that purpose. Where possible, we will inform our clients what information they are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
With our clients consent, we may also supplement the information that is provided to us with information we receive from other providers in order to offer our clients a more consistent and personalized experience with us.
Our clients who elect to take up offerings from our contracted providers, may also require additional
information and they will be subject to the same privacy regulations as we are subject to.
How we use your information:
The information will only be used for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed to with our clients. This may include:
Providing products or services to and to carry out the transaction you requested:
- For underwriting purposes;
- Assessing and processing claims;
- Conducting credit reference searches or verification;
- Confirming and verifying your identity;
- For credit assessment and credit management;
- For purposes of claims history;
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- Conducting market or customer satisfaction research;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- In connection with legal proceedings.
- Providing our services to our clients, to carry out the services requested and to maintain and constantly improve our relationship with our clients;
- Providing you with communications in respect of Associated Insurance Brokers (Cape) 2006 (Pty) Ltd and regulatory matters that may affect our clients;
- In connection with and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or when it is otherwise
allowed by law.
- Providing you with newsletters and the like.
Disclosure of your information:
Associated Insurance Brokers (Cape) 2006 (Pty) Ltd may disclose a clients personal information to our providers whose services or products we may access to obtain quotations and/or cover on your behalf.. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with our privacy terms and conditions.
We may also share our clients personal information with, and obtain information from third parties for the purposes listed in 3 above.
We may also disclose our clients information where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of
applicable legislation, the law or where it may be necessary to protect our rights.
Safeguarding your information:
The POPI Act requires us to adequately protect the personal information we hold and to avoid
unauthorised access and use of your personal information.
We continuously review our security controls and processes to ensure that personal information is secure.
If we need to transfer personal information elsewhere for processing or storage we will
ensure that any party to whom we pass on your personal information will treat your information with the same level of protection as required from us.
Your rights to access and correction of your personal information:
A client has the right to access the personal information we hold about such client.. A client has the right to ask us to update, correct or delete the client’s personal information. Associated Insurance Brokers (Cape) 2006 (Pty) Ltd will take all reasonable steps to confirm identity before providing details of any personal information or making changes to any personal information.
You can contact us at the numbers or addresses listed below and request the information you would
Information officer: Lesley Boyle
Telephone number: 0861 242 123
Email address: mailto:email@example.com