We would like to share some information that may be useful, in the event of minor motor accidents.
In some instances, you may not have to go to SAPS, as you are now able to report certain accidents online, to obtain a case number (a claim requirement).
Please click the following link to access this option:
The following are prerequisites:
- This submission of a crash report will be legally binding.
- All crashes must be reported within 24 hours or the next working day. (Non-Working days Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays)
- The system will provide the user with an automatically generated Crash Report Number (CRN) for insurance claims.
- The system will only allow for the reporting of minor damage crashes.
- Crashes which include a person or persons being injured, killed or involved in a hit and run accident/crash must be reported immediately to the nearest Municipal/Metro Police, Traffic Department (MMT) office or South African Police Service (SAPS) station.
- All crashes involving 5 or more vehicles must be reported at your nearest South African Police Services (SAPS) station.
- The information submitted by you can be made available to your insurance service provider.
- The reporting of the crash service is free. The Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC) reserves the right to charge entities or persons to access the data at a later stage.
admin October 7, 2021
Posted In: Newsletters